San Luis Obispo Carpet Cleaning FAQ
1. Why should I have my carpets and rugs regularly cleaned?
While there are plenty of reasons to have your carpet and furniture cleaned in general, a few of the more important points are:
- Health – Carpeting and fabrics not cleaned and properly taken care of can create health and breathing troubles inside your home of office
- Carpet Life – The need to replace your carpets can be greatly extended by practical routine professional cleansing
- Look – Maintain the initial look and appeal of your carpet with routine cleanings
2. Do we use truck positioned cleaning devices?
We have the latest unmounted cleaning equipment, as well, but our main cleaning equipment is vehicle placed for the following reasons:
- Our equipment is 10 times more effective than transportable devices
- Wait less time for carpet to dry
- Minimizes the mess transporting things in and out of your home
- All of the contaminates are filtered outside of your house
- It carries its own water supply instead of using yours
3. Should I vacuum before the carpet cleaner shows up?
Yes, vacuuming is essential to the longevity of your carpet. You should vacuum your carpet as frequently as possible; however, we vacuum every project before carpet cleaning occurs.
4. Do we relocate furniture?
While we try our best to get things out of the way, there are some things to think about:
- We will move most furnishings (sofas, chairs, tables, etc.)
- We will not move large furniture, including heavy clocks, beds, hutches, bookcases, entertainment centers, desks, pool tables, etc.
- We reserve the right not to move any sort of furniture we do not feel comfortable moving
5. Should you relocate everything?
Yes – You must remove from the areas needing cleaned, all breakable objects and things you’d rather not get wet.
6. How long will it take for your carpet or furnishing to dry?
- Dry times normally range from 2 – 6 hours
- Weather, humidity and airflow can affect dry time
- Fans can help reduce drying times
7. How long before I can walk on the carpet again?
You may walk on your carpet immediately, but it is suggested that you limit traffic until your carpet is completely dry, between 2- 6 hours.
8. Are the products we utilize safe?
Yes, we use some of the best cleaning products around to assure the highest quality for your carpet and furniture. Our cleaning products are also safe for pets and children.
9. Are our professionals experienced?
Yes, Bob is a Certified Master Textile Cleaner with more than 20 years of experience cleaning carpets and upholstery on the Central Coast and regularly attends programs and workshops to keep current on the latest in modern cleaning technologies.
10. Will our services aid your allergic reactions?
While having your carpet and furnishings washed removes pollutants and improves your breathing atmosphere, it would be unethical for us to say that it will have any effect on your allergies
11. Will cleaning your carpet make it wear out faster?
No, dirt scrapes the fibers when entrapped in your carpet and textile and should be removed to minimize wear and tear.
12. Will our cleaning procedure renew the initial feel of your carpet?
Our procedures leave your carpet fresh, tidy, dirt and germ free and soft to the touch, but the only way to maintain the initial feel of your carpet is to walk on it lightly and clean it regularly.
13. Should you have a fabric guard included after washing?
Yes, most carpet makers recommend that you reapply protector after professional cleaning to help restore the initial resistance qualities. Some suppliers require it as part of the manufacturer’s warranty on the carpet.
14. Your carpet is really aged, should you replace it vs. having it cleaned?
The best way for us to answer this question is to actually see your carpet. We will be happy to go over all of your options with you once we are on location.
15. Which produces better interior air quality, wood or carpet?
Carpet in fact functions as a type of ‘filter’, properly trapping toxins which are eventually removed through professional carpet cleaning. As long as a routine cleaning timetable is sustained, carpets typically produce better air quality than hardwood floors.
If there’s a topic we’ve skipped or if you need San Luis Obispo carpet cleaning for your office or home, give Wizard Carpet Care a call at (805) 748-4297.